Pull-Apart Puff Pastry Snowflake
Flaky, buttery puff pastry is layered with a perfect blend of spices and rich brown sugar, then wrapped in a beautiful snowflake shape!
for 6 servings
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup light brown sugar (100 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons spice mix of choice, such as five spice, apple pie spice, pumpkin pie spice, or chai spice
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (25 g)
- chocolate hazelnut spread, for dipping
- Calories 761
- Fat 48g
- Carbs 73g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay a sheet of puff pastry on a clean, flat surface. Place a 9-inch round cake pan on top of the pastry and use a paring knife or pastry wheel to cut out a 9-inch circle of pastry. Discard the pastry scraps. Set aside and repeat with the remaining pastry sheets.
- Place a pastry circle on the prepared baking sheet. Brush evenly with half of the melted butter, then sprinkle half of the brown sugar and half of the spice mix over the sugar. Repeat with another pastry circle and the remaining butter, brown sugar, and spice mix, then place the remaining pastry circle on top and gently pat down to press the layers together.
- Place a 1-inch round cutter in the center of the dough. Do not press down or cut through the dough.
- Use a pastry wheel or bench to cut the dough into 4 triangles, fanning out from the center circle. Then, cut each triangle into quarters, creating 16 wedges. Remove the cutter from the center.
- Lift 2 adjacent wedges and twist away from each other, then pinch the edges together to seal. Repeat with the remaining wedges.
- Brush the snowflake with the beaten egg, covering completely.
- Bake the snowflake until the edges are golden brown and crispy and the center is cooked through, 40–45 minutes. If the edges are getting too dark before the snowflake is finished baking, cover lightly with aluminum foil. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the snowflake to a serving platter and dust with the powdered sugar. Serve with chocolate sauce for dipping.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.