Pulled Pork-Stuffed Cornbread Muffins
featured in Easy Homemade Muffins
These savory cornbread muffins are packed with tender pulled pork and smoky BBQ sauce, making them the perfect appetizer or handheld snack for any BBQ or potluck.
May 04, 2023
91% would make again
for 6 servings
- ¾ cup milk (180 mL)
- ½ cup unsalted butter (115 g), 1 stick, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal (150 g)
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 6 tablespoons pulled pork
- 6 tablespoons cheddar cheese
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (290 g), for serving
- 1 ½ cups coleslaw (150 g), for serving
- Calories 611
- Fat 31g
- Carbs 71g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 32g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, honey, and eggs until combined.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Grease a 6-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray. Using an ice cream scoop or measuring cup, spoon about ¼ cup (70 g) of batter into each cup.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of pulled pork in the center of the batter.
- Top the pork with another ¼ cup (70 g) of batter to cover, using a spoon to spread the batter over the pork if necessary.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese over each muffin.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins spring back when touched.
- Remove the muffins from the tin and top with barbecue sauce and coleslaw.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.