Pulled Pork-stuffed Sweet Potatoes
These sweet potatoes are stuffed to the brim with tender, flavorful pulled pork and topped with all the fixings. They're a hearty and satisfying meal that's perfect for a chilly night in. Just grab a fork and dig in!
for 6 servings
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- 1 pork loin, cut into 2-inch (5-cm) thick rounds
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups BBQ sauce (570 g), plus more for drizzling
- 3 sweet potatoes
- olive oil, to taste
- 1 cup shredded carrots (110 g)
- ½ purple cabbage
- green onion, for garnish
- Calories 590
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 73g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 43g
- Protein 26g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Layer bottom of crock pot with onion and lay pork loin on top. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic. Top with BBQ sauce.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- "Pull apart” the pork loin using two forks. Cover and let sit and move on to sweet potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Using a fork, poke holes down one side of each sweet potato. Microwave for 3-5 minutes, or until softened. Let sweet potatoes cool before handling.
- Next, cut sweet potatoes in half and carve out the centers with a spoon, leaving a rim around the outside of each sweet potato.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add shredded carrots and purple cabbage to the shredded pork and combine.
- Fill sweet potatoes with pork, drizzle with BBQ sauce, and garnish with green onion.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.