95% would make again
Pumpkin Bread Ring With Maple Cream Cheese Filling
featured in Resourceful Ways To Use Your Leftover Pumpkin
June 10, 2019
for 8 servings
Maple Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese (225 g), softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (310 g)
- 1 cup brown sugar (220 g)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 16 oz unsweetened pumpkin puree (450 g)
- ¾ cup vegetable oil (180 g)
- ¼ cup water (60 mL)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- Calories 502
- Fat 27g
- Carbs 58g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 24g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Make the maple cream cheese filling: In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla, and maple syrup. Stir until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Make the pumpkin cake: Sift the flour into a large bowl and add the brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, water, and vanilla. Whisk well.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, folding with a rubber spatula just until combined. Do not overmix the batter.
- Generously grease a bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- Add 3 cups (675 G) of pumpkin batter to the pan and spread evenly. Then, scoop the cream cheese filling over the batter, making a ring. Top with the remaining batter and spread to cover the filling.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before inverting to remove from the pan.
- Slice and serve.