for 16 servings
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice mix, or use pumpkin spice mix instead
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (115 g)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (150 g)
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour (280 g)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar (360 g), sifted
- Calories 380
- Fat 17g
- Carbs 54g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 40g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Pumpkin spice: Whisk together spices OR use premade spice mix.
- Cookies: In a large bowl, combine melted butter, pumpkin purée, granulated sugar, brown sugar, molasses, and salt. Whisk together.
- Add egg and milk and whisk to incorporate.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and pumpkin spice to the bowl. Fold together with a spatula just until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Scoop 21⁄2 tablespoon portions and place the cookies at least 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Press down on each scoop to lightly flatten.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes, rotating halfway through the baking time. Remove from the tray and cool completely.
- Filling: Add the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla to a large bowl and beat together with a hand mixer. Add the powdered sugar in two additions, and beat for another minute until fluffy and smooth.
- To make the cookie sandwiches, match the cookies together and line them up. Pipe frosting on the bottom of a cookie, then top with another. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.