91% would make again
Quinoa Fruit Salad
featured in Make-Ahead Mason Jar Salads For The Week
Inspired by emilieeats.com
for 1 serving
- ¼ cup lemon juice (60 mL)
- 1 tablespoon agave
- ¼ cup water (60 mL)
- ¾ cup orange juice (180 mL)
- ¼ cup quinoa (40 g), uncooked
- ½ cup blueberry (50 g)
- ½ cup strawberry (75 g), sliced
- ½ cup banana (115 g), sliced
- ½ cup blackberry (75 g)
- Calories 505
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 114g
- Fiber 14g
- Sugar 60g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the water and orange juice to a boil. Add the quinoa, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 12 minutes, until the quinoa is tender and the liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- Add the lemon juice and agave to a large mason jar and stir to combine.
- Add the blueberries, strawberries, banana, blackberries, and cooked quinoa to the jar and screw on the lid.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat, up to 5 days
- Give the mason jar a good shake to mix and use a fork or spoon to stir as needed.