Rainbow Fall Slaw With Tahini Poppy Seed Dressing
This Rainbow Fall Slaw with Tahini Poppy Seed Dressing is a colorful and delicious way to get your daily dose of veggies. The slaw is loaded with vibrant veggies like brussels sprouts, carrots, and beets, and the dressing is tangy and creamy with a hint of nuttiness from the tahini.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 8 servings
- 2 cups brussel sprout (200 g), grated, about 12
- 2 cups carrot (240 g), grated, about 3 medium
- 1 medium beet, peeled and grated
- 1 cup radish (115 g), sliced
- ½ large red onion
- ½ medium head cauliflower, cut into small floret
- 1 large fuji apple, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pistachio (60 g)
Tahini Poppy Seed Dressing
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup tahini (75 g)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (85 g)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 medium cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil (80 mL)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Calories 271
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 25g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Prepare the Brussels sprouts, carrots, and beets using the grating insert or a box grater. Add to a 3-quart (2.8-liter) mixing bowl.
- Thinly slice the radishes with the slicing insert or a sharp knife and add to the bowl with the rest of the vegetables.
- Thinly slice the red onion and add to the bowl with the cauliflower and apple. Season with salt and toss to combine.
- Roughly chop the pistachios. In a small sauté pan over medium heat, toast the pistachios until they are lightly browned and smell nutty, 3-5 minutes.
- Make the dressing: In a blender, combine the apple cider vinegar, tahini, maple syrup, cayenne, and garlic. Blend until smooth. With the blender running, drizzle in the olive oil to emulsify. Add water as needed to thin the dressing to your desired consistency. Add the poppy seeds and pulse to incorporate.
- Toss the slaw with the dressing. Top with the toasted pistachios.
- Serve immediately or cover with the lid and take to go. The slaw will keep for 2 hours at room temperature, or in the refrigerator for 1 day with the dressing or 3 days without.
- Nutrition Information, per serving: Calories: 241, Fiber: 5 grams, Total fat: 17 grams, Total protein: 6 grams, Sugars: 11 grams, Carbs: 20 grams
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.