89% would make again
Rainbow Veggie And Pesto Tart
featured in Sweet vs Savory Tart Recipes
for 6 servings
- 3 cups fresh basil (120 g)
- ¾ cup pine nuts (100 g)
- ¾ cup vegetarian parmesan cheese (80 g)
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¾ cup olive oil (180 mL), divided
- ½ cup ricotta cheese (125 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 medium yellow squashes
- 4 large carrots
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 2 cups rice (200 g), uncooked
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Calories 837
- Fat 62g
- Carbs 57g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Combine the basil, pine nuts, Parmesan, garlic, ½ cup (120 ml) of olive oil, ricotta, salt, and pepper in a food processor and puree until blended and smooth. Set aside.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the zucchini, yellow squash and carrots into ribbons.
- Cut the eggplant lengthwise into thin slices, then slice in half lengthwise.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) tart dish with butter using a piece of parchment paper.
- Lay the puff pastry in the tart dish and delicately press it flat against the bottom and up the sides. Crimp any dough hanging over the edges and prick the bottom all over with a fork.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper over the pastry and pour the rice evenly on top. The rice helps keep the bottom of the crust from rising while baking.
- Parbake the crust for about 15 minutes, until the puff pastry starts to cook.
- Carefully lift the parchment paper to remove the rice (save for using in other recipes or discard). Increase the oven temperature to 400°F (200°C).
- Spread the ricotta pesto mixture evenly on the bottom of the tart.
- Starting from the outside, line the walls of the tart with the veggie ribbons, alternating veggies, until the entire shell is filled.
- Sprinkle the oregano on top and brush with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the veggies are tender.
- Let cool for a few minutes.
- Slice and serve.