Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Thighs
Chicken thighs grilled with a sweet, smoky, and slightly spicy sauce are sure to kick things up a notch at your next indoor or outdoor barbecue.
for 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder, divided
- 4 tablespoons onion powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 oz raspberry (170 g)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- ½ cup ketchup (120 g)
- 1 tablespoon mesquite liquid smoke
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced, for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons garlic powder, 2 tablespoons onion powder, the paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the chicken thighs with the olive oil, then sprinkle with half of the spice mixture and rub to coat well. Sprinkle with the remaining spice mixture. Set aside while you make the sauce, or refrigerate overnight if you’re grilling the next day.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the raspberries and cook until they start to break down, about 3 minutes. Add the brown sugar, chipotle powder, remaining 2 tablespoons garlic powder, remaining 2 tablespoons onion powder, the ketchup, and liquid smoke and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce thickens, 4 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and set aside.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grease with grapeseed oil. Add the chicken and grill for about 7 minutes on each side, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (75°C). Once the chicken has cooked through, generously brush with some of the raspberry chipotle sauce. Continue grilling until the sauce caramelizes, 1–2 minutes, then repeat on the other side.
- Garnish the chicken with the parsley and serve warm with the remaining sauce alongside.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.