Raspberry Poppyseed Linzer Cookies
Take a bite of pure bliss. Buttery and crumbly cookies sandwich a luscious layer of tangy raspberry jam, adding a burst of fruity sweetness to every bite. These cookies are like a summer garden party in your mouth!
for 14 cookies
- 1 cup raspberry (125 g)
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g), plus more for dusting
- 1 cup almond flour
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus 2 tablespoons, softened
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons McCormick® poppy seeds, optional
- 1 large egg
- Calories 213
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 21g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the raspberry jam: In a medium pot over medium heat, combine the raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Remove from the heat and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before assembling the cookies.
- Make the cookies: In a medium bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour and almond flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, salt, lemon zest, and vanilla with an electric hand mixer until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the poppy seeds and beat for 1 minute to distribute evenly.
- Add the egg and beat for 1–2 minutes, until well incorporated.
- Pour in the flour mixture and fold with a spatula, just until no streaks of flour remain. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the dough on a floured surface and dust the top of the dough with more flour. Roll out the dough to ¼-inch (½ cm) thickness.
- Using a 2½-inch (6 ⅓ cm) round cookie cutter with ridged edges, cut out cookies, chilling and re-rolling the dough as needed to cut out more cookies. You should have about 38 total.
- Use a ½-inch (1 ¼ cm) cutter to cut out the centers of half of the cookies. Transfer cookies to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Let cool completely.
- To assemble, spread 1 teaspoon of jam onto the whole cookies. Top with the cut-out cookies.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.