Experience the vibrant flavors of France with this colorful Ratatouille Salad! It's a delightful medley of roasted veggies and fresh herbs, perfect for a light lunch or a scrumptious side dish.
for 2 servings
- olive oil, as needed
- 1 large eggplant, or 2 small, cubed
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 cup dry white quinoa (170 g), rinsed
- 2 ½ cups water (600 mL)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Calories 643
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 103g
- Fiber 18g
- Sugar 22g
- Protein 19g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the eggplant, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and softened, 5–10 minutes. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Add another drizzle of oil to the same pan, then add the red and yellow bell peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 2–3 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until the onions are soft and golden, about 3 minutes. Remove the peppers and onions from the pan.
- Add the yellow squash and zucchini, season with salt and pepper, and cook squash have cooked down a bit, about 5 minutes.
- Add the thyme and tomatoes, season with more salt, then add the lemon juice. Increase the heat to high and cook until mixture is sizzling. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes start to release their juices, about 2 minutes.
- Return the sautéed eggplant and peppers to the pan and stir to combine, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the quinoa and water to a separate large skillet and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer until the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon the vegetables over quinoa and sprinkle the basil on top. Serve warm.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.