94% would make again
How To Make Raw Pecan Tacos With Tabitha Brown
Tabitha Brown loves this taco recipe that's a little nutty, a little zesty, and a lot of fun! These fresh and crunchy lettuce tacos are filled with a delicious mixture of pecans, colorful veggies, and powerful seasonings, making for a satisfying and unique meal.
May 05, 2023
3 hr 10 min
3 hr 10 min
for 12 servings
- 2 cups raw pecan (250 g)
- 2 cups water (240 mL)
- 3 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 4 large white mushrooms, chopped
- ½ small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 lime juice
Pico de Gallo
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- ½ fresh lime juice
- 1 mango
- 12 butter lettuces, washed and dried
- 1 jalapeño, seeded (optional) and minced
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- lime wedge
- tajin seasoning
- Calories 93
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 16g
- Fiber 13g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pecans with the water and liquid aminos. Soak for 3 hours, then drain.
- Make the pico de gallo: In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper, and lime juice and mix well. Set aside until ready to serve the tacos.
- Slice the mango flesh off of the pit, then cube. Set aside.
- Add the drained pecans to a food processor with the mushrooms, green and red bell peppers, red onion, jalapeño, taco seasoning, garlic and herb seasoning, and lime juice. Pulse a few times until the mixture is well chopped and resembles ground meat. Do not over-process.
- Serve the pecan “meat” in butter lettuce leaves. Top with pico de gallo, jalapeño, mango, cilantro, avocado, lime juice, and Tajín seasoning.