Red Chili Shrimp Stir-Fry
This red chili shrimp stir-fry is a spicy delight! Juicy shrimp is stir-fried with crisp peppers and tossed in a fiery red chili sauce for a dish that will leave your taste buds tingling. It's perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
for 4 servings
- 1 lb large shrimp (455 g), peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ cup green onion (25 g), sliced, for topping
- Calories 189
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 3g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 23g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in the shrimp and season with ¼ teaspoon of the salt.
- Fry the shrimp for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and pour in the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Toss in the red bell pepper, remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt, and red pepper flakes and sauté for a few minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add in the soy sauce and sauté about 1 more minute.
- Toss the shrimp back into the pan and mix until everything is well incorporated and the shrimp is fully cooked, about 1 minute.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 4 bowls and top with green onion.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.