96% would make again
Rice Cooker Asian Chicken Rice
featured in 10 Rice Recipes Perfect For Dinner
No need for takeout with this Rice Cooker Asian Chicken Rice recipe. The combination of tender chicken, fluffy rice, and flavorful Asian-inspired seasoning will have you coming back for seconds (and maybe even thirds).
May 05, 2023
for 2 servings
- 1 skin-on, boneless chicken thigh
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 piece ginger, 1 in (2 cm) minced
- 1 scallion
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10 oz rice (300 g)
- 1 ½ cups water (360 mL)
- 1 tablespoon scallion, minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon miso
- red chili flake, sliced
- fresh cilantro
- tomato, sliced
- lemon, sliced
- Calories 284
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 46g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Put washed rice, garlic, ginger, salt, chicken bouillon, and water in a rice cooker pot and mix well.
- Add chicken thigh to the pot skin-side down, and place the scallion over the chicken.
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until the rice and chicken are cooked through.
- For sauce, combine scallion, white sugar, sesame oil, grated garlic, grated ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, miso, and red chili flakes. Mix well.
- When the rice is ready, remove scallion and chicken. Stir the rice well to fluff it up and slice the chicken.
- Press cooked rice into a bowl to make a dome shape. Then turn the bowl upside down onto the serving plate.
- Serve the sliced chicken with cilantro, tomatoes, and lemon, and pour the sauce over to your preference.