84% would make again
Rice Cooker Blue Velvet Cake
featured in 5 Ways To Make Your Cake and Eat It Too
June 10, 2019
for 8 slices
Blue Velvet Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- ¼ cup buttermilk (60 mL)
- ⅓ cup oil (80 mL)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons royal blue food color
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g)
- ½ cup butter (115 g)
- 4 cups powdered sugar (640 g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- blueberry, optional
- chocolate shaving, optional
- Calories 803
- Fat 37g
- Carbs 115g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 94g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Combine the blue velvet cake ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Pour cake batter into your rice cooker bowl. Place bowl into rice cooker and let it slow cook for 90 minutes.
- NOTE: All rice cookers are different. Check the doneness of your cake with a toothpick. If you insert the toothpick, then remove it, and it is clean, the cake is done.
- Once the cake is done cooking, remove from rice cooker and let it sit for 15 minutes to cool down.
- Flip over and out and cut in half. Chill in the refrigerator so it’s easier to ice.
- Combine frosting ingredients in a bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Start with the bottom half of the cake, spread some of the frosting and add a few blueberries (optional).
- Top with the other half of the cake. Frost the cake however you like. Add some chocolate shavings (optional).