Rice Cooker Orange Upside-Down Cake
A delicious and easy cake that's made in a rice cooker! Slices of juicy oranges are arranged on the bottom of the cooker, then topped with a cake batter and cooked until golden and fluffy.
May 04, 2023
86% would make again
for 8 servings
- ¼ cup cream cheese (50 g), room temperature
- ½ cup sugar (100 g), plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 orange, washed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup pancake mix (150 g)
- ¼ cup butter (50 g), melted, plus more for greasing pan
- Calories 229
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and 100 g (½ cup) of the sugar. Add the eggs and whisk until combined.
- Zest one half of the orange over the batter. Add the lemon juice and whisk to combine.
- Add the pancake mix and melted butter, and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Brush the bowl of the rice cooker with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of sugar on the inside of the bowl so that it is well coated.
- Slice the orange into 7 thin slices and lay on the inside of the bowl.
- Pour the batter over the oranges, and cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove the bowl of the rice cooker and place a plate over the top. Carefully flip the bowl upside-down so that the cake slides onto on the plate with the orange slices on top.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.