83% would make again
Rice Noodle Pancakes With Chili Sauce
featured in Tasty Noodle Recipes
for 5 pancakes
Sweet Chili Sauce
- ¾ cup water (180 mL)
- ¼ cup vinegar (60 mL)
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 serrano peppers, deseeded
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Rice Noodle Pancake
- 2 servings rice noodle
- 5 cups water (1 ¼ L), boiling
- 1 cup shredded carrots (110 g)
- ½ cup scallion (50 g), chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Calories 464
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 90g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a blender or food processor, blend all of the sweet chili sauce ingredients together.
- Pour into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch slurry (dissolve 1 Tbsp. of cornstarch in 2 Tbsp. of water), stir and remove from heat. Set aside until ready to use.
- Place a colander over a large mixing bowl. Add the rice noodles, pour the boiling water over and let it sit and soften for 10 minutes.
- Drain, discard water and add the noodles to mixing bowl.
- Using a pair of kitchen scissors, cut the noodles so they are easier to manage.
- Add the carrots, scallions, ginger, sesame oil, beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Grab a handful of noodles and place into your heated pan.
- Using your spatula, flatten the noodles. Pan-fry until both sides are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with the sweet chili sauce.