94% would make again
Ricotta Chocolate Chip Stuffed French Toast With Strawberry Syrup
featured in 5 Ways To Upgrade Your French Toast
for 3 servings
For the toast
- 6 slices white bread
- ½ cup whole milk ricotta cheese (125 g)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (85 g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- sugar, pinch
For the syrup
- 1 cup fresh strawberry (150 g), chopped
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Calories 407
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 49g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 38g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Mix the eggs with the milk and sugar.
- Spread all the bread slices with ricotta cheese, and top half of the bread slices with mini chocolate chips.
- Sandwich each chocolate chip half with a plain ricotta half, and drench both sides in the egg mixture.
- Coat a medium heat skillet with butter, and cook the bread until slightly brown and all the egg is cooked.
- To make the syrup combine all syrup ingredients in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Let the liquid reduce by about a third, until the mixture is thick like a syrup.