Roasted Eggplant Curry
Indulge in this Roasted Eggplant Curry, a flavorful and aromatic dish that'll leave your taste buds dancing. Perfect for a cozy night in, this recipe is sure to become a go-to favorite in your kitchen.
for 6 servings
- 3 medium eggplants
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- sea salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup coconut oil (60 mL)
- ½ medium white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 roma tomatoes, Ripe, Diced, Medium size
- 15 oz coconut milk (425 mL)
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- cooked rice, for serving
- fresh cilantro, chopped, for serving
- Calories 461
- Fat 31g
- Carbs 37g
- Fiber 13g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Slice the tops off the eggplants, then slice them in half lengthwise. Cut each half once more lengthwise. Lay the slices on their flat sides and cut lengthwise into thirds. Finally, slice horizontally to form cubes.
- Transfer to a baking sheet, drizzle with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through, until golden brown.
- In a large saucepan, heat the coconut oil over high hat. Add the onions, stir for 1 minute, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the chili powder, cardamom, and smoked paprika. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the ground coriander, ½ teaspoon of black pepper, turmeric, garlic, and ginger. Cook for a few minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, coconut milk, water, and the roasted eggplant.
- Bring the curry to a simmer, then reduce to low heat, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes. The sauce should reduce and thicken slightly.
- Serve the curry warm over rice, topped with chopped cilantro.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.