Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
featured in Hummus 4 Ways
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is a flavorful twist on classic hummus. The roasted red peppers add a smoky sweetness that pairs perfectly with the creamy chickpeas.
May 04, 2023
98% would make again
for 8 servings
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 14 oz chickpeas (395 g), 1 can
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons tahini sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Calories 138
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 15g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Place the peppers on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, until peppers are fragrant and the skin has charred.
- Allow peppers to cool before peeling away the charred skin.
- Add roasted peppers, chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to the bowl of a 2-quart food processor. Blend until smooth.
- While blending, slowly add in the olive oil until hummus is creamy and smooth.
- Garnish with finely chopped bell pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.