88% would make again
Roasted Veggie And White Bean Salad
for 4 servings
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 ½ teaspoons dijon mustard
- fine sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (60 mL)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into large florets
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fennel fond, finely chopped
- 15 oz white bean (425 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Calories 473
- Fat 48g
- Carbs 53g
- Fiber 15g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 22g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220˚C).
- In a large bowl, add the white onion, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, toss together 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, broccoli, fennel, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Spread the broccoli onto a large baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake, tossing the vegetables occasionally, until tender and golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the baking sheet, and finely chop. Add the minced garlic to the onion mixture.
- Whisking constantly, slowly add the remaining ¼ cup (60 ML) of the olive oil to the onion mixture until an emulsified dressing forms. Whisk in the fennel fronds.
- Add the beans and roasted vegetables, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with the chopped eggs and serve.