Rosé All Day Cocktail
featured in Crafty Cocktail
for 1 serving
- crushed ice
- 4 cups ice cube (560 g)
- 1 oz honey (30 g)
- 1 oz fresh grapefruit juice (30 mL), or orange juice
- 1 oz dry vermouth (30 mL)
- 2 oz rosé wine (60 mL)
- 1 half grapefruit, or orange peel
- fresh thyme sprig, for garnish
- seltzer, for topping
- Calories 227
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 42g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 36g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the crushed ice: Add 2 cups (280 G) of ice to a food processor. Pulse 6–8 times, until the ice is uniformly crushed. Transfer to a large zip-top freezer bag. Repeat with the remaining 2 cups of ice.
- Store the bag in the freezer and use the ice for cocktails or smoothies. If the ice has clumped together, gently drop it on the counter a few times to break it up.
- Make the cocktail: In a small glass or measuring cup, use a chopstick or bar spoon to stir together the honey, grapefruit juice, and vermouth until the honey is dissolved. Add the rosé and stir briefly.
- Pack a large wine glass with crushed ice. Pour in the rosé mixture. Slide in the grapefruit wheel. Place the thyme sprigs on your palm and slap your other hand on top. (This releases the oils in the thyme.) Slide the thyme into the cocktail. Top with seltzer and serve.