Salted Caramel Macchiato Tiramisu For Two
Love tiramisu?! Then you’ll love this salted caramel twist! In this recipe, we use rich caramel sauce and mascarpone cheese to make a decadent custard that’s layered between espresso-dipped ladyfingers and topped off with whipped cream and a salty caramel drizzle!
2 hr 15 min
2 hr 15 min
for 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large pastured egg yollks, room temperature
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese (225 g)
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce, prepared, plus more for drizzling
- 9 ladyfingers, italian
- ½ cup espresso (120 mL), strong brewed, cooled
- whipped cream, for serving
- flaky sea salt, for serving
- Calories 991
- Fat 61g
- Carbs 93g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 59g
- Protein 22g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the sugar and egg yolks in a small bowl and whisk vigorously until the mixture thickens and falls back on itself in a ribbon when the whisk is lifted, 6–8 minutes. Fold in the mascarpone and caramel sauce to combine evenly.
- Break each ladyfinger in half crosswise. Dunk each half briefly in the espresso and arrange 3 halves, side by side, in the bottom of each of two cocktail glasses. (You may need to squish them tightly together to fit). Top each with 3 heaping tablespoons of the caramel-mascarpone mixture and smooth the tops with the back of the spoon. Continue layering the ladyfinger halves and the caramel-mascarpone mixture to make 3 layers. Discard any remaining espresso. Cover the glasses with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, and up to 24 hours (the longer it sits, the better it gets).
- When ready to serve, uncover and top each glass with a dollop of whipped cream. Drizzle with more caramel sauce and sprinkle each with a pinch of flaky salt.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.