93% would make again
Salted Caramel Macchiato Tiramisu For Two
featured in Recipes To Keep The Taurus In Your Life Calm
Love tiramisu?! Then you’ll love this salted caramel twist! In this recipe, we use rich caramel sauce and mascarpone cheese to make a decadent custard that’s layered between espresso-dipped ladyfingers and topped off with whipped cream and a salty caramel drizzle!
2 hr 15 min
2 hr 15 min
for 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large pastured egg yollks, room temperature
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese (225 g)
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce, prepared, plus more for drizzling
- 9 ladyfingers, italian
- ½ cup espresso (120 mL), strong brewed, cooled
- whipped cream, for serving
- flaky sea salt, for serving
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 991
- Fat 61g
- Carbs 93g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 59g
- Protein 22g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the sugar and egg yolks in a small bowl and whisk vigorously until the mixture thickens and falls back on itself in a ribbon when the whisk is lifted, 6–8 minutes. Fold in the mascarpone and caramel sauce to combine evenly.
- Break each ladyfinger in half crosswise. Dunk each half briefly in the espresso and arrange 3 halves, side by side, in the bottom of each of two cocktail glasses. (You may need to squish them tightly together to fit). Top each with 3 heaping tablespoons of the caramel-mascarpone mixture and smooth the tops with the back of the spoon. Continue layering the ladyfinger halves and the caramel-mascarpone mixture to make 3 layers. Discard any remaining espresso. Cover the glasses with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, and up to 24 hours (the longer it sits, the better it gets).
- When ready to serve, uncover and top each glass with a dollop of whipped cream. Drizzle with more caramel sauce and sprinkle each with a pinch of flaky salt.