Salted-Caramel Pretzel, Almond And Cacao Bars
Indulge in these scrumptious Salted Caramel Pretzel Almond and Cacao Bars, a heavenly blend of sweet and salty flavors. With a satisfying crunch from the pretzels and a rich, gooey caramel layer, these bars are the ultimate treat for your taste buds.
for 12 bars
Almond “Biscuit” Layer
- ½ cup macadamia nut (70 g)
- ½ cup coconut flakes (40 g)
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon almond butter, or peanut butter
- 1 pinch pink himalayan salt
- 1 ½ cups ground almonds (170 g)
Salted Date Caramel Layer
- 2 cups medjool date (340 g), pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup filtered water (240 mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ¼ teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons organic cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- ½ cup gluten-free pretzel (55 g), or flaked almonds for 100% raw
- Calories 390
- Fat 26g
- Carbs 38g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 26g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Line a square, loose-bottom 20-cm (8-in) baking tray with parchment paper.
- First make the almond biscuit layer: blend all of the ingredients except the ground almonds in the blender until the nuts and coconut are finely chopped. Add the ground almonds then pulse until fully incorporated. The mixture should be sticky.
- Press the almond mixture into the base of the baking tray, making sure it’s an even layer all over.
- Pop the tray into the freezer and get on with the caramel layer.
- Rinse out the blender. Blend all of the ingredients in the blender until the mixture is as smooth as possible.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and spread the caramel layer over the top evenly. Pop the tray back into the freezer to set for around 2 hours.
- After the 2 hours, remove the tray from the freezer and place the toppings on.
- Carefully remove the bars from the tin, then cut it into 12-14 bars. Run your knife under hot water between each cut to make it easier.
- Place the bars onto a baking tray and back into the freezer while you make the coating.
- Mix the chocolate coating ingredients together in a small mixing bowl until smooth.
- Remove the bars from the freezer and drizzle the coating over the top of each bar. Top each bar with a couple of pretzels or a sprinkling of flaked almonds. Serve straight away or store in the freezer for up to 2 months. Serve straight from the freezer.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.