80% would make again
featured in Street Treats From Around Asia
for 50 servings
- oil, for frying
- 6 cups all purpose flour (750 g)
- 3 cups sugar (600 g)
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk (240 mL)
- ¼ cup orange (60 mL)
- 1 pinch of orange zest
- Calories 115
- Fat 1g
- Carbs 22g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Fill a deep pot or skillet with enough oil to come 2 inches (5 cm) from the top of the pan. Heat the oil over medium heat until it reaches 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the eggs, milk, and orange juice. Mix until a thick batter forms.
- Add the orange zest and mix to incorporate.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop ping pong ball-size dough balls into the hot oil.
- Fry for about 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown. The doughnuts should float to the surface when they are done.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve hot.