Satay Beef Skewers
These satay beef skewers are a delicious and flavorful way to enjoy a classic Asian-inspired dish! Tender pieces of beef are marinated in a blend of aromatic spices and baked to juicy perfection on skewers. Served with a creamy and tangy peanut sauce, it's a perfect combination of savory and sweet flavors that will leave your taste buds happy and satisfi
for 4 servings
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- ½ cup peanut butter, all-natural
- ¼ cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 lb beef, cubed
- Calories 620
- Fat 48g
- Carbs 17g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 35g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a food processor, combine the red onion, scallions, garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, salt, soy sauce, lemongrass, lime juice, coconut milk, peanut oil, and peanut butter. Purée until smooth.
- Divide the sauce between 2 small bowls. Add the chopped peanuts to one of the bowls and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the cubed beef in a medium bowl. Toss well to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, up 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a 9-inch (23 cm) square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Thread the beef cubes onto skewers and set over the baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the beef is seared and juicy.
- Serve the satay beef with the reserved sauce alongside.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.