Savory Ground Turkey Chili
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 5 servings
- 1 lb ground turkey (455 g), can use lean ground beef as well
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, to season ground turkey/ground beef
- 1 teaspoon onion powder, to season ground turkey/ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, to cook ground turkey/ground beef
- ¼ onion, chopped
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can pinto bean, drained
- 1 can tomato, chopped, hot or mild, i used mild
- 1 can crushed pineapple, crushed
- 1 package chili seasoning
- 1 can sweet corn, used small can
- 1 tablespoon banana peppers, jar
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, chopped, heaped
- 1 tablespoon banana pepper juice
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, optional to minimize spiciness of chili
- Calories 432
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 61g
- Fiber 12g
- Sugar 30g
- Protein 26g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add chopped onions, and cook until translucent. Then, add ground turkey/beef, garlic powder, and onion powder and cook well.
- Once done, add meat, onions, and remaining ingredients to a crockpot, cover, and cook on high heat for 5-6 hours. (Can cook overnight as well).
- Serve with desired toppings and bread or rice.