Savory Ham And Cheese Breakfast Rolls
Not sure what to do with all that leftover Easter ham? Make savory breakfast rolls–think cinnamon rolls, full of meat and melty cheese instead of the sweet filling–for the next morning! We use fresh pizza dough to keep this recipe super simple and easy, but canned crescent roll dough works great too.
for 8 Rolls
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- all purpose flour, for dusting
- 16 oz premade pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons whole grain dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons everything bagel seasoning, , divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- ¾ cup leftover baked ham
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives, for garnish
- Calories 425
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 20g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease an 8-inch round baking dish with nonstick spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough to a rough 8 x 12-inch rectangle.
- Spread the mustard over the dough in an even layer, then sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of everything bagel seasoning. Top with the cheddar and Swiss cheeses and ham.
- Starting from a long edge, tightly roll the dough into a log. Cut the log crosswise into 8 even pieces. Transfer the rolls to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, honey, and remaining 1 teaspoon everything but the bagel seasoning.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and brush the butter mixture over the tops. Garnish with the chives, if using. Let cool for 5–10 minutes before serving.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.