Savory Omelet For One
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 1 serving
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 5 cheddar cheese blocks
- 3 gouda blocks
- 7 blocks salami
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons onion, diced
- ketchup, optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tortillas
- Set up a bowl on the counter, and crack two eggs into it. To this, add milk, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and paprika.
- Whisk the ingredients until they form a mixture.
- While whisking, warm a small pan on medium heat with 1 tbsp of either butter or olive oil.
- Once the pan is hot, pour the egg mixture into it.
- Cut cheeses and salami into 5 by 5 by 5-millimeter cubes: you should have around 17-20 of them total. The ratio from cheese to salami should be around 2:1.
- Add the garlic and onion into the pan.
- After the garlic and onion have cooked for a bit, add the cheese and salami into the pan.
- Continue to cook everything, until the egg is completely cooked, and the cheese is melted.
- Set up a tortilla on a plate, and place the cooked omelette onto it.
- If you’d like, squirt a little ketchup onto the omelette, but don’t smother it.
- Place a second tortilla over the omelette. Cut into halves and serve.