96% would make again
Savory Puff Pastry Pockets
featured in Ice Tray Pastry Pockets
If you're in the mood for something savory, these puff pastry pockets are the perfect snack! Filled with flavorful meats, veggies, and cheeses, they're like mini hand-held pies that are sure to satisfy your cravings.
May 05, 2023
for 12 servings
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (250 g)
- ½ cup fresh spinach (20 g), cooked
- ½ cup artichoke heart (85 g), cooked and chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (25 g)
- 8 pepperonis, chopped
- 3 tablespoons marinara sauce
- ¼ cup roasted red pepper (25 g), chopped
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 4 mozzarella pearls
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Calories 323
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 12g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, artichokes, salt, and pepper, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Lay a sheet of puff pastry dough over the ice cube tray and carefully press into the dough forming it to the ice tray.
- Place the shredded mozzarella, pepperonis, and marinara in the first four cube divots.
- Place the roasted red peppers, pesto, and mozzarella pearls in the middle four cube divots.
- Spoon the ricotta mixture into the last 4 cube divots.
- Place the other sheet of puff pastry over the ice cube tray and use a rolling pin to seal it. Chill for at least 10 minutes.
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, invert the ice cube tray releasing the puff pastry pockets.
- Using a knife, cut any excess dough from the sides.
- Using a fork, press into the the edges of the pastry and seal.
- Brush the pastry with butter and bake for 30 minutes.