90% would make again
for 12 servings
- 3 cups whole milk ricotta cheese (750 g)
- 3 ½ cups shredded low-moisture mozzarella (350 g), divided
- 1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese (165 g), divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh parsley (35 g), finely chopped, loosely packed
- 2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Savory Spice Blend
- 6 cups marinara sauce (1.5 kg), divided
- 1 nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- ½ lb lasagna noodle (225 g), cooked according to package instructions
- Calories 614
- Fat 41g
- Carbs 23g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 32g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta, 2 cups (200 G) of mozzarella, 1 cup (110 G) of Parmesan, eggs, parsley and 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until translucent. Add the ground beef, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Stir in the garlic, Savory spice blend, and remaining 1½ teaspoons salt. Cook for 8 minutes, until the meat is no longer pink. Add 5 cups (1.3 Kilograms) of marinara sauce and stir to combine.
- To assemble the lasagna, grease a 9 x 13-inch (22 x 33 cm) baking dish with nonstick spray. Spread the remaining cup of marinara sauce over the bottom of the dish. Lay 4 sheets of lasagna on top of the sauce. Spread 1½ cups (375 G) of the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles. Pour 1½ cups (395 G) of meat sauce on top of the cheese. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, finishing with a layer of meat sauce. Loosely cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 500ºF (260˚C). Uncover the lasagna and sprinkle the remaining 1½ cups (150 G) mozzarella and ½ cup (55 G) Parmesan over the top.
- Bake the lasagna for 5 minutes more, until the cheese is bubbly and browned.