Scalloped Vegetable Bake
This comforting and delicious vegetable bake is the perfect side dish for any meal. Layers of tender vegetables are smothered in a creamy and cheesy sauce, and baked until golden and bubbly.
May 04, 2023
85% would make again
for 6 servings
- 2 medium zucchinis, washed
- 3 medium potatoes, washed and peeled
- 5 medium carrots, washed and peeled
- 4 medium eggs
- ⅓ cup butter (75 g), melted
- ⅔ cup milk (160 mL)
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese (150 g)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line a 10-inch (25-cm) springform pan with parchment paper.
- Carefully slice the zucchini, potatoes, and carrots very thinly with a mandoline or a sharp knife. Watch your fingers!
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, melted butter, and milk, and whisk until combined.
- Add the nutmeg, basil, thyme, salt, pepper, and flour, and whisk well.
- Add the sliced veggies to the batter and stir well until the slices are well-coated.
- Add half of the vegetables slices to the prepared pan and flatten with a spoon.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the vegetables.
- Top with the rest of the vegetables and cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake for about 1½ hours, until the vegetables are fully cooked and tender.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes, and release the springform, slice, and serve.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.