94% would make again
Sesame Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice
featured in Cauliflower Fried Rice 4 Ways
This dish is a healthier take on traditional fried rice, using cauliflower rice as a base and packed with flavorful sesame chicken.
May 15, 2023
for 3 servings
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup peas (150 g)
- 1 cup carrot (120 g)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed
- Calories 280
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 14g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 28g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Remove all leaves and cut the cauliflower into small florets.
- Place the florets in a food processor and blend until they are a rice-like texture. Be careful not to over process or it may turn mushy. Set aside, and drain excess moisture with a towel, if desired.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the chicken until no pink is showing.
- Add the peas, carrots, soy sauce, and black pepper.
- Stir until most of the liquid has reduced, then add the cauliflower rice. Cook for about 3-4 minutes until the vegetables and chicken are incorporated evenly into the cauliflower.
- Spread the rice towards the edge of the pan, creating a well in the center.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the well, stirring only the eggs until they are cooked.
- Fold the eggs into the rice, then mix in the sesame seeds.