Sesame Salmon With Orange Slaw
Savor the delightful combination of sesame-crusted salmon and zesty orange slaw in this easy-to-make dish. Perfect for a light and refreshing dinner, this recipe will have your taste buds dancing with joy!
for 4 servings
- 1 orange
- ½ napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- ¼ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 3 green onions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed, divided, plus more for garnish
- 1 lemon, sliced, optional
- Calories 460
- Fat 29g
- Carbs 22g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 28g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the top and bottom of the orange, then cut away the peel from the sides.
- Slice alongside the membrane of the orange to remove each segment until the orange is fully supremed.
- In a large bowl, mix the orange supremes, napa cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, green onions, oil, rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon of the sesame seeds, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Season the salmon fillets on both sides with salt, pepper, and the remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- Transfer the fillets to a greased rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, until the salmon has just started to form a golden crust.
- Plate the salmon and slaw on a plate with a few lemon wedges, if desired. Sprinkle over a pinch of sesame seeds and serve.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.