77% would make again
Sheet Pan Quinoa Pizza Crust
featured in Our All-Time Favorite Pizza Recipes
Get ready to indulge in a guilt-free pizza night with this Sheet Pan Quinoa Pizza Crust! It's a crispy, flavorful, and protein-packed alternative to traditional pizza dough that'll leave you craving more.
May 05, 2023
for 15 servings
- 2 ½ cups quinoa (425 g), uncooked
- 2 ½ cups water (600 mL), divided, plus more for soaking quinoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (30 g)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup pizza sauce (260 g)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (200 g)
- roma tomato, sliced
- fresh basil leaf
- onion, sliced
- red pepper, chopped
- mushroom, sliced
- Calories 154
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 17g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place the quinoa in a medium bowl. Add enough water to cover the quinoa, about 1½ cups (360 ml).
- Cover with plastic wrap and soak, at room temperature, for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain and rinse the quinoa.
- Add the quinoa, 1 cup (240 ml) of water, the baking powder, garlic powder, salt, and Parmesan cheese to a food processor. Blend for about 2 minutes, or until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter onto the baking sheet, using a spatula to spread evenly.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes. Flip the crust, removing the parchment paper, and bake for 10 minutes more, or until golden brown.
- Top the crust with the pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese, then add your favorite toppings.
- Return the pizza to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese bubbling and slightly brown.
- Cut pizza into squares and serve.