Sheet Tray Taco Night
Here's a family-friendly dinner with a DIY Taco seasoning, flank steak, crispy taco shells, and all the fixings. Everything is baked together in one tray for an easy and delicious meal.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
DIY Taco Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 lb flank steak (905 g)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup mushroom (75 g), sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 12 small corn tortillas
- ½ cup greek yogurt (140 g)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon lime zest
- kosher salt, to taste
- black bean
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- pico de gallo
- 1 cup corn and black bean salsa (260 g)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- lime wedge
- hot sauce
- Calories 736
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 57g
- Fiber 35g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 75g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Make the DIY taco seasoning: Mix the salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder together in a small bowl.
- Add the flank steak to a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and rub to coat, then sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of the taco seasoning and rub to coat evenly. To the other baking sheet, add the green bell pepper, mushrooms, red bell pepper, red onion, and broccoli. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of taco seasoning. Toss to coat.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil, add to the baking sheet with veggies, and bake until the vegetables are browned and the steak is cooked to your liking, about 20 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice the steak against the grain.
- Make the lime crema: combine the Greek yogurt, lime juice, and zest in a small bowl. Season with salt.
- Serve the roasted steak and vegetables with the lime crema and your family's favorite toppings to create a DIY taco bar.
- Note: Feel free to serve with your family’s favorite toppings to create a taco bar that’ll make everyone happy.
- *Vegan/Vegetarian Substitution: Omit the steak and serve with 1 cup black beans for added protein.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.