97% would make again
Shiitake Mushroom Bacon
featured in Healthier "Bacon" 4 Ways
A vegetarian alternative to traditional bacon, made with shiitake mushrooms marinated in a smoky, savory sauce and baked until crispy.
May 15, 2023
for 2 servings
- 3 ½ oz shiitake mushroom (100 g), thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Calories 193
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 2g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- On a cutting board, cut mushrooms into thin slices, about ⅛-inch (3 mm) thick.
- Spread on baking sheet and drizzle with, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and olive oil and mix until thoroughly coated.
- Spread shiitakes onto a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, flipping after five minutes. Remove when crispy.
- Serve with your favorite dish.