97% would make again
Shredded Chicken Tacos
featured in 4 Easy Instant Pot Dinners
These tacos are a crowd-pleaser! Tender shredded chicken is seasoned with a blend of spices, then served on warm tortillas and topped with fresh salsa, avocado, and a squeeze of lime. Perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
May 15, 2023
for 4 servings
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups salsa (475 mL), or 1 16 oz jar
- tortilla, to serve
- pico de gallo, to serve
- guacamole, to serve
- sour cream, to serve
- Calories 223
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 8g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 36g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place chicken breasts inside the Instant Pot.
- Add the chili powder, ground cumin, pepper, and garlic and toss until the chicken is coated on both sides. Add the salsa.
- Seal the lid in place until you hear the beep. Tip: Closing the lid can be tricky. Have the pressure knob at 11 o’clock and turn right.
- Press “Poultry” and set time to 13 minutes. Set pressure knob to “Sealing”.
- Steam will release and the screen will say “On” before it starts counting down.
- Once the timer goes off, carefully turn the pressure knob to “Venting”. Let all of the stream release before opening the lid.
- Shred the chicken with two forks.
- Serve with tortillas, pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream, or other desired toppings.