98% would make again
Shrimp and Avocado Taco Salad
featured in 4 Simple Springtime Salads
June 10, 2019
for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp (455 g), peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- ½ jalapeño, seeded and finely diced (optional)
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, from 1 lime
- tortilla strip, for garnish
- Calories 285
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 13g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and season with ½ teaspoon of salt, the black pepper, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, and chili powder. Cook until the shrimp just start to turn pink, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, shrimp, tomatoes, jalapeño, if using, red onion, cilantro, avocado, the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt, and the lime juice until the salad is well-combined.
- Top the salad with tortilla strips, if desired.