Shrimp And Grits
August 14, 2023
94% would make again
for 4 servings
- 2 cups unsalted chicken stock (480 mL)
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits (255 g)
- 1 cup heavy cream (240 mL)
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (100 g)
- 1 cup roasted corn kernels (100 g)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ lb andouille sausage (225 g), diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 lb large shrimp (455 g), peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- ½ cup roasted red pepper (50 g), diced
- ¼ cup scallion (10 g), sliced
- fresh parsley, for garnish, chopped
- Calories 1143
- Fat 91g
- Carbs 49g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 41g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Make the grits: Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the grits and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has been completely absorbed, about 6 minutes.
- Whisk in the cream, butter, and cheddar cheese until melted and fully incorporated. Stir in the corn, salt, and Cajun seasoning. Remove the pot from the heat and cover to keep the grits warm while you make the shrimp.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the andouille sausage and cook until it begins to brown and crisp around the edges, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sausage to a plate and set aside, leaving the rendered sausage fat in the pan.
- Add garlic and shallot to the pan and cook until toasted and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until pink and opaque, about 4 minutes. Stir in the sausage, roasted red peppers, and scallions, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Spoon the shrimp over the grits and garnish with parsley.