Shrimp And Rice Skillet
One skillet shrimp dinner, right this way! The shrimp is steamed in a pot of tender rice that’s been cooked with aromatic white wine, garlic, and shallot, then finished with butter, lemon, and parsley.
for 4 servings
- 1 lb shrimp (425 g), peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ cups white rice (300 g), rinsed
- ½ cup white wine (120 mL)
- 1 ¾ cups water (420 mL)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- lemon, juiced
- ½ cup fresh parsley (120 mL), finely chopped
- Calories 299
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 20g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- On a cutting board, blot the shrimp dry with paper towels. Season the shrimp all over with ½ teaspoon of salt and the black pepper. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a medium pot over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the shallot and cook, stirring often, until starting to soften, 1 minute. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring constantly, until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and stir to combine. Add the wine wine and cook, stirring often, until the smell of alcohol has burned off, about 1 minute.
- Add the water and the remaining teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Place the lid on the pot, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the pot and stir in the shrimp. Place the lid on the pot and continue cooking until the rice is cooked through and the shrimp are bright pink and opaque, about 3–4 minutes.
- Add the butter, lemon juice, and parsley, and stir to combine.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.