84% would make again
Shrimp Boil Stuffed Potatoes
featured in Loaded Potato Appetizers
November 16, 2020
for 2 servings
- 2 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup sour cream (60 g)
- 2 tablespoons Tasty™ Jazzy Seasoning Mix
- 8 shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- ½ celery stalk, diced
- ¼ cup frozen corn (40 g)
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese (55 g), plus more to taste for the topping
- Calories 631
- Fat 31g
- Carbs 61g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with the Tasty™ Jazzy Seasoning Mix and 1 teaspoon of olive oil until well coated. Set in the refrigerator to marinate while the potatoes cook.
- Prick the potatoes all over with a fork, this allows the steam to escape as they cook. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt and rub to coat all over. Place the potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave at full power for 5 minutes. Check for doneness, if still tough, flip over and cook for an additional 5 minutes at full power. Continue to cook in 1-minute intervals until all the potatoes are fork tender.
- Using a paring knife, cut off a third of each potato lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl, leaving a ¼-inch thick shell. Discard the skin from the smaller potato trimmings.
- Add the sour cream to the potato flesh and mash until no clumps remain.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the red onion, celery, corn and sauté for 5–7 minutes, until tender. Push the vegetables to one side of the pan, then add the shrimp to the other side. Cook the shrimp for 1–2 minutes on each side, until just cooked through.
- Add the shrimp and vegetables to the bowl with the mashed potatoes, along with half of the cheddar cheese. Gently mix to combine.
- Spoon the filling into the potato skins and top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 5–7 minutes, until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Transfer the potatoes to a serving plate and serve.