Sichuan Peppercorn And Toasted Marshmallow Cookie Sandwiches
Ready for a unique holiday cookie? These shortbread cookies have a hint of tongue-tingling Sichuan peppercorn and a torched marshmallow sandwiched in between.
for 8 servings
- 1 cup all purpose flour (125 g)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sichuan peppercorns, finely ground
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into small cubes
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 8 marshmallows
- Calories 100
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 22g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and Sichuan peppercorns.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the dry ingredients and beat until the dough comes together.
- Roll dough into a 1½ inch log, then wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap dough and slice into ¼-inch-thick rounds. Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, leaving 1–2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 10–12 minutes, until the edges are light golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Flip half of the cookies over. Place a marshmallow on each of the flipped cookies. Using a kitchen torch, toast the marshmallows until they puff up and char in some spots. Top with the remaining cookies to form the sandwiches.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.