96% would make again
featured in 4 Unique Ways to Cook Eggs
Inspired by themediterraneandish.com
for 4 servings
- olive oil, drizzle
- 1 cup yellow onion (150 g), diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes (795 g), 1 can
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ½ cups fresh baby kale (100 g)
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup feta cheese (25 g), crumble
- bread, toasted, for serving
- Calories 313
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 25g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 14g
- Protein 15g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-low heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add the olive oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the onion, bell pepper, salt, and pepper. Sauté 5 minutes, or until the onion is almost translucent.
- Add the cumin, paprika, and garlic. Sauté 2-3 minutes, or until the garlic is slightly brown.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and add the bay leaf. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened.
- Stir in the baby kale until wilted.
- Reduce the heat to low, then carefully crack the eggs into the sauce. Cover and simmer until the egg whites are set, about 10-12 minutes.
- Top with the feta cheese and remove the pan from the heat.