96% would make again
Simple Spaghetti And Meatballs
featured in Noodle Recipes For Each Day Of The Week
This classic spaghetti and meatballs recipe is simple and delicious. The meatballs are made with a mixture of ground beef and pork, and the tomato sauce is loaded with flavor.
May 15, 2023
for 4 servings
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 28 oz crushed tomato (795 g), 1 can
- ½ cup unsalted butter (115 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground pork (455 g)
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (100 g)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (50 g)
- ¾ cup fresh parsley (25 g), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti (455 g)
- parmesan cheese, to serve
- Calories 1741
- Fat 86g
- Carbs 141g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 20g
- Protein 100g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Add the crushed tomatoes, butter, onion, and salt to a pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Lower the heat and cook for 45 minutes, until the onions are soft and starting to break apart. Remove onion.
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef, ground pork, panko, Parmesan, egg, garlic, onion, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, and parsley until fully combined.
- Take a golf ball-sized handful of the meat mixture and roll it into a ball. Transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining meat.
- Bake the meatballs for 16 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, and cook the spaghetti according to the packaging instructions.
- Drain pasta and toss lightly in about a tablespoon of oil (optional).
- Pour the sauce over the pasta. Transfer the cooked meatballs and top with Parmesan.