Simple Spaghetti And Meatballs
This classic spaghetti and meatballs recipe is simple and delicious. The meatballs are made with a mixture of ground beef and pork, and the tomato sauce is loaded with flavor.
for 4 servings
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 28 oz crushed tomato (795 g), 1 can
- ½ cup unsalted butter (115 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground pork (455 g)
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (100 g)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (50 g)
- ¾ cup fresh parsley (25 g), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti (455 g)
- parmesan cheese, to serve
- Calories 1741
- Fat 86g
- Carbs 141g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 20g
- Protein 100g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Add the crushed tomatoes, butter, onion, and salt to a pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Lower the heat and cook for 45 minutes, until the onions are soft and starting to break apart. Remove onion.
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef, ground pork, panko, Parmesan, egg, garlic, onion, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, and parsley until fully combined.
- Take a golf ball-sized handful of the meat mixture and roll it into a ball. Transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining meat.
- Bake the meatballs for 16 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, and cook the spaghetti according to the packaging instructions.
- Drain pasta and toss lightly in about a tablespoon of oil (optional).
- Pour the sauce over the pasta. Transfer the cooked meatballs and top with Parmesan.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.