98% would make again
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
featured in 4 Easy Rotisserie Chicken Dinners
for 8 servings
- 2 ½ tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ cups milk (360 mL)
- 2 rotisserie chicken breasts, shredded
- ½ cup frozen peas (75 g)
- ½ cup frozen carrot (60 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 small potato, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup cream (120 mL)
- 1 premade pie crust
- Calories 374
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 21g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Debone, remove skin, and shred rotisserie chicken.
- Melt butter in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the flour and stir until bubbling.
- Whisk in the milk until smooth, then add chicken, frozen peas and carrots, potato, and cream. Stir until fully mixed and bubbling.
- Drape pie crust over the top of the skillet and cut 4 venting holes in the center.
- Bake for 30-35 min, or until crust is golden brown. Carefully remove from the oven.