Slow-Cooker BBQ Ribs with Hoisin Glaze
Savor the finger-licking goodness of these Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs with a twist! Let your taste buds dance with delight as the tender, juicy meat falls off the bone and melts in your mouth.
for 3 servings
- 1 rack spare ribs
- spring onion, to garnish
- red chili, to garnish
- rice, to serve
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chinese 5 spice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth (200 mL)
Sticky BBQ Sauce
- leftover slow cooker juice
- ¼ cup water (50 mL)
- 2 teaspoons corn flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Calories 863
- Fat 61g
- Carbs 45g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 16g
- Protein 28g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Season the spare ribs with the salt, pepper, and 5 spice.
- Place in the slow cooker, along with the garlic, ginger, onion, hoisin sauce, and chicken broth. Mix with your hands to combine.
- Cook on high for 3 hours, or low for 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (170°C).
- Once the ribs are cooked, carefully remove them and place onto a tin foil-lined baking tray.
- To prepare the BBQ sauce, take the remaining cooking juices from the slow cooker and pour into a frying pan set over a medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine the water and corn flour, stir into the cooking juices. Add remaining BBQ sauce ingredients and reduce until a sticky BBQ sauce is achieved.
- Brush onto the ribs on both sides and bake for 15 minutes.
- Chop up the ribs and garnish with spring onion and red chili.
- Serve with rice.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.