Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Bowls
This set-it-and-forget-it recipe is perfect for busy weeknights. Tender chicken breasts are cooked in a flavorful blend of taco seasonings, then served over a bed of brown rice with colorful peppers and onions. Top with your favorite toppings, like avocado, sour cream, and salsa, for a customizable meal everyone will love.
for 8 servings
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 lb chicken breast (910 g), sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 garlics, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 can diced tomato, drained
- 4 cups brown rice (920 g), cooked
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- shredded cheese
- Calories 678
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 104g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 46g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a slow cooker, place half of the bell peppers and onion.
- Lay on the chicken, and coat both sides with taco seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle on garlic, half of the lime juice, and diced tomatoes. Cover with remaining peppers, onion, and lime juice.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker, shred, and return to slow cooker.
- Cover until heated through.
- Serve over brown rice with sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese and cilantro.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here