Slow-Cooker Chicken Tacos
Spice up your dinner routine with these slow cooker chicken tacos! Tender and juicy chicken, bursting with flavor from a blend of spices, is slow-cooked to perfection. Load up your tortillas with all your favorite toppings and savor every bite.
for 12 servings
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup corn (175 g)
- 1 can diced tomato, drained
- 1 large jalapeño, deseeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 12 corn tortillas, as desired
- guacamole, as desired
- salsa, as desired
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
- Calories 147
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 19g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, oregano, paprika, chili powder, pepper, and salt and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the onion, corn, tomatoes, jalapeño, garlic, and lime juice in a large slow cooker.
- Place the chicken thighs on top of the veggies and season with half of the taco seasoning. Turn the chicken over and season with the remaining taco seasoning before mixing the chicken and veggies together so that everything is well combined.
- Cook on the high setting for 3 hours or the low setting for 6 hours, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and slice into small diced pieces, then place them back in the slow cooker. Give the chicken and veggies a good mix and replace the lid.
- Cook the chicken mixture for another 10 minutes so the flavors can marry.
- Using tongs or a slotted spoon, place the chicken taco mixture on corn tortillas and top with your choice of toppings.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.