96% would make again
Slow-Cooker Collard Greens And Ham Hocks
featured in Tasty Holiday Sides & Desserts
Inspired by thekitchn.com
for 12 servings
- 3 ½ lb collard green (1.5 kg), washed
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 lb ham (910 g)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 32 oz chicken broth (945 mL)
- Calories 393
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 20g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Remove the stems from the collard greens, then stack the leaves on top of each other and roughly chop.
- Add the collard greens to a slow cooker with the onion, ham hocks, brown sugar, pepper, salt, apple cider vinegar, and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours, until the greens are tender.
- Remove the ham hocks from the slow cooker. Trim and discard any fat and bones. Roughly chop the meat and return to the greens. Toss to incorporate.
- Serve warm.